As far as emergency dental care is concerned, there are many people out there who are not sure if their condition is severe enough to be tended to by a dentist. It is very important to take your dental problems seriously. When dental problems are left untreated for too long, it can lead to a decline in your overall health. This is why the sooner you tend to dental emergencies, the better will be your healing. Mentioned below are a few signs that point towards the need to seek emergency dental care immediately.
- Persistent tooth pain - Have you been experiencing excruciating pain in one or many of your teeth? It may be a sign of dental emergency and if it keeps on worsening, it is an indication that there might be an infection that has reached the root. Seeking emergency dental care becomes a must in such a situation.
- Severe tooth damage - Small chips or cracks are certainly not worth worrying about too much; however, a large break or fracture to a tooth along with pain simply cannot be put off indefinitely.
- Painful swelling that simply doesn’t go away - Swelling and pain in your jawline and mouth can mean a severe gum or tooth infection, such as an abscess. It is very important to treat such a severe condition as soon as possible before it spreads to other body parts.
- Sudden loss of adult tooth/teeth - Whether it occurs due to biting into a fruit or due to a hit received while playing football, seeking emergency dental care is absolutely important in such a scenario. In the meanwhile, you must put the tooth in a container having milk and saliva and remember to carry this to the doctor.
If you have encountered any of the aforementioned emergencies, it is absolutely essential for you to visit a dentist right away. If you still do not think dental issues require immediate attention, read on to know why seeking emergency dental care is necessary.
- For saving your tooth - If you do not see a dentist immediately after a tooth injury, you might just end up losing you tooth permanently and then you will have to go for other complicated dental procedures such as implants, dentures, or something else.
- For avoiding pain - No matter what the reason behind the pain in your mouth is, it will only worsen if you do not seek emergency dental care in time. Only a dentist can tell you exactly what the cause of the pain is and only they can alleviate it through medication and dental procedures.
- For reducing the risk of infections - Pain is often a symptom of an underlying infection in the tooth or gums which can take a severe form if not treated in time. It can lead to further complications if this infection reached other parts of your body and you certainly do not want that.
These are some reasons why you must not put off the appointment for emergency dental care in San Marcos indefinitely. Make sure you find the right dentist to receive the treatment. You can ask your family members and friends for their recommendations in this respect or you can search online.
When it comes to a complex dental procedure like dental implants, it’s always the best idea to choose affordable dental implants centers that specialize in this particular field rather than a facility that performs this procedure as just one of its regular dental treatments. Someone who has had that additional training on dental implants will definitely be better in offering you top-notch care and attention.
But selecting the right dental implant specialist for you can be a challenging task, however, with the right resources and factors, it’s not that difficult as it seems. So, here are a few tips on how to choose the most affordable dental implants centers and the right dental implant specialists for you.
1. To start with, just ask your friends and family:
Hearing about your known ones first-hand experiences with dental implant providers is one of the most efficient ways to find a good professional. But, remember that your final decision should not be based solely on this factor. There are many more things to consider.
2. Check the specialist’s background and track record:
When visiting a dental implant center, first evaluate the quality of their previous work. Ask for good references, and before and after photos of previous clients. Additionally, go through patient reviews prior to scheduling your appointment. Doing all this can help you review the overall experience from those who have actually got their dental implant treatment with your dentist’s previously.
3. Meet with your dental implant specialists:
After you’ve shortlisted a few dental implant specialists, take out time and meet with them and their staffs. This is the best opportunity to ask them all the important questions you have in your mind.
Here are some questions you can ask the specialist:
- What are the specialist’s dental implant center’s office hours?
- What’s their location?
- What is their qualification? Are they trained specifically in dental implant treatments or they are a regular dentist?
- Does the specialist offer 24-hour emergency services? If yes, what type of emergency services and facilities do they offer?
- Do they maintain cleanliness in their office premises?
- Is their dental technology and tools up to date?
- What are their fees? Do they offer insurance?
- Are there long wait times in their dental implant center?
- Does the specialist explain all the implant procedures and treatments well?
- Are the dental implant specialist and the staffs present there open to and friendly with answering all your questions and doubts?
Dental implants aren’t just a regular cosmetic procedure; it’s a major surgery that requires the best care and attention. Therefore, it’s important that you do extensive research and background check before choosing a specialist in order to avoid any kind of dental injuries such as damaged nerves or fractured jawbone. And for this purpose, you should make sure to follow all the above-mentioned points.
Nothing on your face can make a greater contribution that your smile. That is why it is imperative that you look for ways to enhance your smile. While there are so many home remedies available to restore one’s smile, nothing can match the outcome provided by the various procedures of cosmetic dentistry. Cosmetic dental procedures offer several benefits including brighter teeth, straighter teeth, correction of broken teeth, replacement of lost teeth and many more.
However, it is quite intimidating to determine what treatment procedure of cosmetic dentistry can better suit to your dental condition. But bother not, there are the professional cosmetic dentists who will help you suggest the right treatment for you.
Here I have given a brief outline of Cosmetic Dentistry Services and who they are prescribed for:
- Tooth Whitening -
Tooth whitening is indeed one of the most popular treatment options available in cosmetic dentistry. It is a procedure to correct tooth discoloration and staining. Along with correcting the tooth stains, the procedure of tooth whitening can be performed to simply achieve brighter and whiter smile. It is a simple, non-invasive and cost effective procedure available at most dental clinic.
- Veneers -
Veneers are the other most commonly used dental procedures that can improve the aesthetic appeal of your smile dramatically. Veneers are the ideal option for the people who have worn, chipped, gappy, discolored or misaligned teeth. Veneers are the custom made dental products bonded permanently on the front part of your teeth. They look like your real tooth in terms if shape, size and color. They are the ideal option for the restorative purpose as well.
- Bonding -
Bonding is another treatment option available in cosmetic dentistry. In this treatment option, composite resin is bonded to your teeth so as to correct tooth fractures, discoloration, chipping and different stages of decay. Bonding can be used in the same cases where veneers are used. It all depends on you and your dentist what options rightly suits to your needs.
- Fillings -
Fillings are most commonly used to restore decayed teeth. Filling are the composite materials filled in the decayed part of the teeth. It looks more natural and thus blends in with the appearance of the existing teeth.
No matter what treatment option you are recommended by your cosmetic dentist, there are always the benefits that you will enjoy for longer by achieving the improved smile. Enhanced smile will not only improve one’s appearance but also boost the confidence because having a good appearance is an imperative element of self confidence.
What is more refreshing than a glass of chilled drink during the blister summer days? If you say anything but not the icy drink, you have definitely got the sensitive teeth. And if you have got the sensitive teeth, it is not only the cold beverages that you will have to deprive yourself of, hot food items and sweet dishes can be equally painful as the icy drinks.
Sensitive teeth are not the uncommon dental disorder. As per a 2013 study published in the Journal of the American Dental Association, around 1 out of 10 individuals suffers from tooth sensitivity. While sensitivity is not the most painful dental trauma, the intermittent or chronic pain that comes with this dental issue can be tough to live with.
It is really a matter of big concern if you are dealing with the pain of sensitive tooth but the good news is that there is a cure to this dental trauma. The Cosmetic Dentistry has got the different treatment options to kill the tooth sensitivity issues but as with most things, the best form of treatment is prevention.
In order to help you prevent tooth sensitivity, here I have compiled a list of some of the top causes and their associated solutions…..
1. Tooth Enamel - One of the key causes of your tooth sensitivity can be your high-acidic diet. Tooth enamel that protects the teeth can be worn due to high-acidic diet. Tooth enamel can also be worn down by a number of other things including aging, overly aggressive tooth brushing and dental disease.
Solution - Stay away from taking such things like fruit juice, tomato sauce, vinegar, etc. Visit your dentist at least two times a year to make sure that your teeth are in optimal health. Also, you can consider getting Cosmetic Dentistry Services to support tooth enamel longevity.
2. Oral Hygiene Practices - Do you know oral hygiene practices can also cause tooth sensitivity? Yes, you read it right! People often think that the more they brush their teeth, the harder they do and the longer they brush, the better their oral health will be. However, it is not always the case. Over-brushing can actually leave a detrimental effect on your teeth. It can strip away the teeth enamel, which in turn can lead to tooth sensitivity issues.
Solution - The solution to all issues lies in moderation. Consider investing in an electric toothbrush that will let you know if you are brushing too hard or for too long. Also, get in contact with your cosmetic dentist to evaluate your brushing habits; he will advise you how to better care for your teeth.
3. Chipped or Cracked Teeth - Chipped or cracked teeth expose sensitive parts of the teeth such as nerves, which in turn put you at the risk of extreme sensitivity pain. There are a number of factors that can be accountable to cause chips or cracks in the teeth. Athletes are under an increased risk of this threat, especially those who are in high contact sports like boxing, football, hockey etc. however, even the smallest things can lead to a chips, cracks or fracture in the tooth. In fact, eating hard can also cause damage to the teeth. Tooth decay can also be a factor to cause chipped and cracked tooth.
Solution - Since the cause of sensitive tooth here is chipped and crooked teeth, the solution also lies in fixing the same issue first. For minor ships or cracks, your dentist can simply smooth and polish the tooth. For moderate chips and cracks, crown or dental filling can be required to restore the tooth. For extreme cases, a root canal can be the best option to restore the tooth and kill the sensitivity. Also, if you are an athlete, do consider wearing a mouthguard to prevent any sort of oral trauma.
Get in contact with the best dental cosmetic surgeons now to know what is the reason behind your tooth sensitivity issue and what is it solution?
While the importance of traditional dentistry that focuses on oral health and hygiene, preventing dental problems, diagnosing and treating oral diseases, can never be denied, the significance of cosmetic dentistry that focuses on improving one’s smile also not be underestimated. In other words, traditional dentistry provides essential or restorative treatments to a dental patient whereas cosmetic dentistry provides desired treatments.
As a matter of fact, in today’s ostentatious world, the importance of advanced cosmetic dentistry has received much hype than ever.
Treatment options available in today’s Cosmetic dentistry -
The technological advancements in the dental treatments have made today’s cosmetic dentistry more durable and predictable than the past few years.
Cosmetic dentistry treatments currently in use include…..
- Teeth Whitening -
Teeth whitening is the first and foremost treatment option enjoyed by a huge majority of patients across the globe. Who doesn’t want to have beautiful smile? Of course, we all! But our stained and yellowish teeth prevent us to do so. This is where teeth whitening treatment comes into the role. People undergoing this treatment option can get rid of any kind of tooth stains and discoloration without incurring any surgery or pain.
- Dental Implants -
Dental implants are actually the tooth replacement option used to compensate the missed tooth. The patients undergoing the dental implant often experience improved oral hygiene and enhanced smile. Since missing teeth cause the face to collapse, making you look older, dental implants let you enjoy a youthful appearance too.
- Inlays/Onlays -
Inlays/Onlays, also known as indirect fillings, made from porcelain or composite materials are an aesthetically pleasing way to provide a “filling” to decayed teeth or similar structural damage. Inlays and onlays are made in a dental lab and then adhesively bonded into place by your dentist.
- Cosmetic Bonding -
Cosmetic Bonding is a way to correct chipped, broken, discolored or decayed teeth. In the procedure, a dental composite material is applied into the cavity, where it is then sculpted into shape, contoured and hardened with a high-intensity light. The result is natural looking tooth restoration that blends seamlessly with the rest of the surrounding tooth structure and you can create a healthy, bright smile.
- Smile Makeover -
Smile makeover is actually a complete assessment of your oral hygiene and dental health with an aim to improve dental health and enhance smile. For a complete smile makeover, typically, more than 1 dental treatment can be required. For instance, your cosmetic dentist may ask you to undergo teeth whitening treatment, dental implant or any such restorative dental treatment option.
Indeed advanced cosmetic dentistry is a valuable option for a complete smile makeover and improved dental health as well. Get in contact with your cosmetic dentist now for a better oral health and hygiene!
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.